Date Night: El Meson

About a month ago, Andy and I went out to dinner for his birthday at a lovely place called El Meson. If you don't feel like following the link, it's a Spanish-Caribbean fusion kind of place. They have tapas and ceviche, and also some distinctly Latin American dishes, according to my friend whose husband is from Costa Rica. Anyway, we very much enjoyed the food and noticed, in looking at the menu, that they have a weekly "Date Night" special on Tuesdays. Small problem: I have band rehearsals every Tuesday. But, since we had an election this week, no rehearsal - they use our rehearsal space as a polling station. Woo - Date Night, here we come.

It's a set menu for date night, and it starts with a lovely strawberry & pecan salad. I forgot to take a photo until I'd eaten about half of it, but still - delicious:


The second course was a seafood paella for two. Normally at this restaurant, it runs $55 but with the Date Night special we got everything for $45 for the two of us. A great deal!


It was SUPER delicious. I may have to learn how to make an approximation of it, although perhaps not with seafood. There are sausage/pork versions that also sound delicious.

I forgot to take a photo of dessert, but we had the Key Lime pie. Not sure if it would have lived up to the Floridian standards for Key Lime pie, but I was pretty satisfied. Super yummy - I highly recommend it if you live in the area.

Comments

Emily M said…
OMG, it was so good! I forgot to mention that it also came with a bottle of wine. A steal!
Gino said…
Shell on shrimp?
Jimi said…
Is that squid in the entree? Or garden hose, perhaps? Looks good to me.
Emily M said…
Gino - Nope, not shell on, but still quite yummy.

Jimi - Definitely squid, and perfectly cooked. It did not suffer from the super over-chewiness that is often a problem with squid.
mom said…
Hmm. I thought I posted last night. I know I wrote and previewed. I had calamari last night at Chianti Grill after class and it was delicious, too. Got home a bit after midnight so no post. Oh well, I enjoy reading all the rest of yours.