Not So Dark

I'd like to add something to yesterday's complaining about the dark; it's not yet dark when I leave, and then dark again when I come home. Here was the view of the lake as I stepped out the front door this morning:


Not quite the pitch darkness I experienced on my way home yesterday. It was actually quite pretty and the air was clear and crisp. It's a nice pick me up in the morning and gets me ready for the day.

The other reason the darkness isn't completely soul crushing is because of the way my new office faces. Here's the view out when I got there this morning:


As you can see, I get the bright morning sun streaming in throughout the morning. It's warming and cheery. So until it starts being really dark in the morning, I can't complain too much about this whole daylight savings time thing.

However, they did say something in the weather forecast about SNOW tomorrow... I may have to complain about that.

Happy Veteran's Day to one and all, and thank you very much to all the veterans out there, particularly the one I like to call Dad. We send you out to fight our wars for us and can sit back here, safely in our homes. It is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Comments

Mom said…
That is a beautiful picture of the lake. Really beautiful. And you are a most excellent daughter. Really excellent.
I'm pretty sure I'm not done complaining about the dark. Sunrise is nice -- beautiful, in fact. But that sun doesn't rise very high in the sky this time of year.

I saw the forecast for snow in your area in the next few days. Buy yourself a new winter coat, and bundle up.