Dark

I know I said that I like Mondays as a general rule, but I need to make one exception. By the time I leave my desk on Mondays starting about now until, oh, March, it is totally, completely, 100% dark outside. That is not so fun, especially as I have to sit there and watch it happen. An example:

Looking "out" my window this evening, about a half hour before I went home. So dark that all the light from inside is reflecting off the window, making it impossible to actually take a good photo. Especially with a cell phone. But you can see the city lights a bit through all that glare. Boo to the darkness. Although, in the not too distant future, it will be dark both in the morning when I go to work AND when I come home at night. I guess I should savor the AM light while I still can.

In biking accident related news, my knee is indeed a lovely mix of red, purple, yellow, and what is verging on green. Awesome. But it only hurts if you touch it, so that's something. My arm, on the other hand, is sore if I try to lift things or lift up my arm. It's a combination of muscle soreness due to the raking (which I expected) and landing on it yesterday (which I did not expect), I'm sure. Only the elbow area is noticeable bruised looking, but it hurts all the way up to my shoulder. BOO! But Ibu is doing its job and I will recover. Nothing serious, just some minor discomfort for a few days. Note to self: try not to fall down. :-)

Comments

We're down to less than 10 hours of 'daylight' here, so you're probably less than that. The dark season. Be glad your ancestors emigrated, I guess. The further north you go, the worse it gets.

Your Dad knows the statistics on the frequency of bike accidents based on miles ridden. Think of it has having gotten yours out of the way, at least for a while. And do be careful out there.