Day 2 - A Picture

day 01 | a song
day 02 | a picture
day 03 | a book
day 04 | a site
day 05 | a youtube clip
day 06 | a quote
day 07 | whatever tickles your fancy

This one is kind of hard for me. Do I pick a picture that I have taken, one of my favorites? Or a picture that someone else has taken that has some sort of specific meaning to me? Or that I just think is cool? You see the problem that I'm having?

In the end, though, I think I have to go with one of my own photos. I think I may have posted it to my other blog when I originally took it, but since it's an all-time favorite, I think we can forgive the re-posting:

It's the Dune du Pyla, not far from Arcachon, France, taken in November, 2007. We'd climbed all the way up it (117m!) and on the way back down, I turned and it was just beautiful and peaceful with the sun hitting it just right. And I really like looking back up the path we had just come down. It makes me think of France and long to go back - this is also from the last time I was there, almost exactly two years ago. I'll have to go again soon.

P.S. - Today is Friday the 13th. I hope everyone avoided bad luck today!

Comments

gfr said…
Without the meme, there would be no conundrum. (Does that sound like a sentence written in code?)

Lovely, lovely photo.