Day 3 - A Book

day 01 | a song
day 02 | a picture
day 03 | a book
day 04 | a site
day 05 | a youtube clip
day 06 | a quote
day 07 | whatever tickles your fancy

A bit of a blog-and-run today - I have a full day of stuff going on and won't be to a computer again until tomorrow. But for the book day, I think it's easy - Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. The first time my mom ever gave it to me, I gave it 25 pages and declared it awful. Clearly, I was not in the right frame of mind. After watching the BBC version starring Colin Firth (oh, the piano scene!), I decided to give the book another chance. I loved it immediately, much to the joy of my mother who had been secretly devastated that I hated it the first time. Now, it's a book I can read over and over, and the default book when I don't know what else to read next. I've even searched out the quasi-sequels (many of them, of varying quality) just because I love the characters so much. And recently, I read the hilarious Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which everyone who is a fan of this book should read. I laughed out loud often.

Enjoy the day everyone. I'll be back tomorrow, I promise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ah, the piano scene. And, yes, I am filled with joy knowing you love Pride and Prejudice.
I will read P & P and the Zombies next summer in Michigan.
Mom
XXOOXOXO