Election Day 2009

Approximately one year ago today, this was the scene at my local polling place:

The elections today were decidedly more low key - I went right in at 7:00pm and didn't have to wait in line at all. In fact, poll workers outnumbered voters by at least 5-to-1. In my particular area (Minneapolis, Ward 13), the offices to be filled included the mayor and my city council representative. It also represented the first time that the city has tried out Ranked Choice Voting. That meant (means?) that I got to pick my top 3 choices, instead of just one person, for each office. For mayor, I went with the incumbent. He seemed to be doing an OK job, plus all of his opponents were crazy people. This guy, in particular - he thinks that Laura Ingalls Wilder is God. Enough said.

So it was a pretty productive day of work, dentist, and participating in the democratic process. Now, it's time for some much needed rest.

Comments