Meme - Day 4, a site

day 01 | a song
day 02 | a picture
day 03 | a book
day 04 | a site
day 05 | a youtube clip
day 06 | a quote
day 07 | whatever tickles your fancy

Sylvia, I know you said I could use yesterday's post as counting for my meme but I did already have something in mind for this particular day. I don't want to skip it now! And yes, I definitely already have something planned for tomorrow as well. :-)

So, a site. My pick is Tomato Nation. It's a blog/advice column/random site by a New Yorker named Sarah Bunting. I found it through another site I used to frequent and this the only one that stuck. And really, aside from news sites and the blogs of family members and friends (well, and Facebook), this is the only site I definitely look at every day. She's funny and likes to talk about her cats and it's generally just a good time. Also, every October, she runs a charity donation contest - in the past 5 years (I think), her readers have donated more than half a million dollars to poor school districts/teachers/classrooms all over the country. It was $314,000+ this year, during the worst recession in a very long time. That's nothing to sneeze at either and, for me, it's nice to participate in a community like that. Plus, did I mention she likes to talk about how weird her cats are? And all sorts of good books? I really enjoy it - it reminds me of the chunk of that book that we all like, the part about the tiny wooden hand.

In other news, I once again made cranberry bread today BUT I am not allowed to eat it, boo! It's for a bake sale at work - all proceeds will be going to charity. And the sale isn't until Wednesday, so I have to look at it and not eat it until then. Torture! My apartment smells way too good. I may have to make another loaf tomorrow just so I can eat it. Speaking of tomorrow, my band has a concert in Edina. If you are in the vicinity, please come see us play! More info can be found here.

Comments