Old Friends

I just spent the last 40 or so minutes talking on the phone to a very old, very dear friend. (She's not old, the friendship is, oops...). In the age of email and facebook and text messages, it's always nice to actually talk to a real person. She and I don't really email much, nor do we facebook or text but we have these long phone conversations once every couple of months. It's really nice and reminds me that maybe technology isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Granted, I am saying that on my blog, so take it with a grain of salt. ;-) Anyway, she just got engaged and had all sorts of good stories to tell since the last time we talked. Does anyone else have friends like that? You don't see or hear from them for months but then, when you do, it's just like old times? I have far too many friends that I have simply lost track of, so it's nice to know there are a few that are still out there.

In other news, EMSA really, really enjoyed his adventures on the train yesterday. And, since he didn't have to work, he also squeezed in some biking AND a nap. That's a productive day, if you ask me. His new Cervelo already has 1700 miles on it, for those that like to keep track of that sort of thing. But he didn't get any pictures of the train for me, which I guess is my fault since I didn't lend him my camera? Anyway, here's a photo I took from my desk at work a few weeks back. Apparently this is where the trains wait during the day before their first rush hour run:

It's not a terribly good photo, sorry, mostly due to the sheer distance from my building. However, another friend of mine got a bunch of good ones and they are on his flickr page here.

Tonight promises to be a good time - EMSA and I are going out to eat with his parents at Vincent, A Restaurant. I already have my food all picked out, yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What did you pick out? Was it as good as it sounded? I looked at the menu and want to go there soon!
Mom
XXOOXOX
Santini said…
I like trains. And food.