No Place Like Home

I knew that my Paris trip was going to have to come to an end. And yet... a little bit more time would have been really nice. And perhaps slightly less rain. In any case, all of the photos from the trip are now up on Flickr - you can find the complete set here.

But I did have to get home, despite the loveliness of the City of Lights. You see, I had something really important to go to this weekend. One of my best friends (and a former roomie!), Jill, got married this weekend. She is now Mrs. Andrej Maczka! Congratulations to Jill and Andrej! They are in Panama by now, hopefully enjoying their honeymoon. And if they don't take a picture of the famous canal while they are there, they will have to answer to me. :-) Or something. I was the personal assistant to the bride, which essentially means I was running errands before the ceremony to make sure that everyone was where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be. Oh, and I was in charge of flower distribution. It was wonderful to be able to help Jill out on her big day and I know that they will be super happy together. Here are a few photos from the reception. There a few more and a video on Flickr as well:

The wedding party dancing together at the reception.

The happy bride and her 3 college roommates. It's the first time we've all been in the same place since we graduated in 2005.

It was a beautiful ceremony and the reception was super fun - good food, lots of excellent dance-able music and I got to catch up with some friends. 

This week is going to be pretty busy as well - I've got tickets to TWO Twins games. The one on my birthday vs. the Kansas City Royals and then Andy has his dad's tickets for Friday vs. Atlanta. It's going to be a very baseball intensive week. So tonight, I am being lazy and enjoying my last full week of cable TV. 

Comments

Ah, June weddings. Looks like fun.
Mom said…
It does look like fun! It's nice to see you all together again and the bride is appropriately beautiful. (You look great, too.)