Calhoun Isles Community Band

I believe I've mentioned before that I am a member of the Calhoun Isles Community Band. I just got back from rehearsal - we rehearse each and every Tuesday at a local Minneapolis elementary school. It's a great group of a people - an eclectic mix of retired people, people my age, and everything in between. We even have some original members from when the band was founded 25+ years ago. It's fun!

Anyway, we also have a YouTube page. We recorded videos at our most recent concert in October, but they aren't up yet. In the meantime, here are my two favorites from our big concert last spring:

Parade of the Charioteers


Music from the Incredibles

And finally, a photo from one of our concerts over the summer. 


We play pretty much every week from June-August in the parks of Minneapolis/St. Paul and occasionally the suburbs. We haven an upcoming Christmas concert at Southdale Mall, and then another concert in February. We just started rehearsing the holiday music and it's a good time. I hope to see some of you at our upcoming concerts!

Comments

Mom said…
Well, is it coincidence or synchronicity that you used the word eclectic? That was the Word of the Week for my literacy class tonight and we discussed how many people have heard of the word, but do not know how to use it. You do.

I look forward to the holiday concert at Southdale.
XXOOXOXO
Santini said…
Christmas concert? OMG. Didn't we just do Halloween?