Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

Today was OOTNDITHOD here in MN, particularly for November - I think it may have gotten up to 60, even. I spent a very large portion of it celebrating the 90th (NINETY!) birthday of my beloved Grandpa Bud:

The birthday "boy," enjoying the balloons one of the guests brought for him.

We had a big open house/party for the occasion. Many, many people came, both family and friends from throughout my grandpa's lifetime. Grandpa has always been super social and it reflected in the sheer number of people that showed up. Here are some photo highlights from the day:

 Part of the festive decorations.

A photo of the birthday honoree at a much, much younger age. That's him on the left, I think.

Grandpa and his favorite (and only) daughter.

Three generations of Elvecrog women, plus a former childhood friend of my mother's.

There was delicious cake, lots of family fun, and I think a good time was had by all. It's too bad we don't have an excuse to have this sort of party more often. I don't see all the members of my extended family nearly enough.

Finally, at the end of the day, we brought those balloons over to their apartment to continue being on display:

Comments

Mom said…
Thank you, sweetie, for posting these wonderful pictures. I LOVE the one with him in the balloon--he looks so happy! I posted also, but didn't have any great pictures to include. You are MY favorite daughter, by the way!
It was a great party, wasn't it? Thanks for being part of it. Great idea to put those balloons outside their place.
Santini said…
Great write up and photos.

Bud and Opal are two of my favorite people.