Raspberry Tart in Two Parts: The Crust

I've got a dinner party to go to on Wednesday (a reunion of the Twin Cities contingent of the GAC Class of 2005 French majors, plus our favorite professor), and I have been assigned the task of bringing dessert. I have an ambitious plan to make a raspberry lemon tart with a graham cracker crust. Because all of this needs to chill over night, after each step, I had to start tonight. So here are the instructions for part 1:

The cast of characters:


Also, you'll need to preheat your oven:


Step 1: Crush enough graham crackers so that you end up with 1.5 cups of crumbs, like so:

(Hint: It's about one plastic sleeve of crackers, in a standard size box)

Step 2: Melt 6 TB of butter and mix it with the crumbs, 1/3 cup of sugar (or less if you want less sweetness), and a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.


Step 3: Once that is all incorporated, press it into the bottom of your chosen pan. I am using my quiche pan to make this whole thing more tart like. Also, I only want it covering the bottom, but it can also go up the sides if desired.


Step 4: Put it in that preheated oven for 7 minutes. Careful - if it cooks too long it takes on a solid-as-a-brick like consistency, which no one wants.

After baking, allow to cool and then chill overnight and proceed to Part Two, which we will all be enjoying tomorrow.

Comments

Mom said…
Raspberry, lemon, graham cracker crust. . . Yum. It sounds so delicious and something you would love. Remember Emeril's lime pie? That was good.
I look forward to seeing the final product and wish I could have a piece!
Santini said…
It looks like a pie, to me.