15 November 2010

Raspberry Tart in Two Parts: The Crust

I've got a dinner party to go to on Wednesday (a reunion of the Twin Cities contingent of the GAC Class of 2005 French majors, plus our favorite professor), and I have been assigned the task of bringing dessert. I have an ambitious plan to make a raspberry lemon tart with a graham cracker crust. Because all of this needs to chill over night, after each step, I had to start tonight. So here are the instructions for part 1:

The cast of characters:


Also, you'll need to preheat your oven:


Step 1: Crush enough graham crackers so that you end up with 1.5 cups of crumbs, like so:

(Hint: It's about one plastic sleeve of crackers, in a standard size box)

Step 2: Melt 6 TB of butter and mix it with the crumbs, 1/3 cup of sugar (or less if you want less sweetness), and a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.


Step 3: Once that is all incorporated, press it into the bottom of your chosen pan. I am using my quiche pan to make this whole thing more tart like. Also, I only want it covering the bottom, but it can also go up the sides if desired.


Step 4: Put it in that preheated oven for 7 minutes. Careful - if it cooks too long it takes on a solid-as-a-brick like consistency, which no one wants.

After baking, allow to cool and then chill overnight and proceed to Part Two, which we will all be enjoying tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Raspberry, lemon, graham cracker crust. . . Yum. It sounds so delicious and something you would love. Remember Emeril's lime pie? That was good.
I look forward to seeing the final product and wish I could have a piece!

Senior Cyclist said...

It looks like a pie, to me.