Thanksgiving Prep

My company decided to close our office today at 1:00pm, a welcome early start to the long Thanksgiving weekend. Plus, it meant I could drive over to my parents' house well before the snow storm started. And in a perfect twist of fate, the first snow flakes started to fall just as I walked in their door.

Tonight's activities were dedicated to prep for the big meal tomorrow. First, my dad made some pies:


Then my mom and I started the annual cranberry bread making ritual. Mom chopped cranberries while I assembled the rest of the ingredients. You can find the recipe here, and some photos below.






Did I mention that we make a double batch for Turkey Day? We love having lots left over to snack on for a few days. It just gets better with time.

Coming up tomorrow: I will be in charge of the turkey. We'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!

Comments

santini said…
Excellent prep work. The bread looks awesome.

Sara Lee? (Oslo is bringing Russ' pumpkin pie here.)

In charge of the turkey????? I can't get OSLO anywhere near a raw turkey. Good luck.