Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a lovely time celebrating Thanksgiving over at Gzmoohoo's house. I didn't get any photos of people (I am bad at remembering to do that), but here are some photos of the delicious food and fun activities:

IMG_2987
The turkey had just come out of the oven and the potatoes were cooking away on the stove.

IMG_2989
The table all set and ready to go, just waiting for all the wonderful food.

IMG_2997
Pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. That's half a pie per person.

IMG_3003Mom made whipped cream by hand. So much better than Reddi Whip, and don't even talk to me about the abomination that is Cool Whip.

IMG_3004
Adam was brave enough to have a piece of each right off the bat. I staggered my three pieces over a few hours instead. All delicious.

IMG_3007
Then it was time for the Miller family tradition of word games. First Bananagrams, then some Boggle. I won with 48 points. The words "smash" and "mash" in that particular round put me over the edge.

IMG_3008
Our sign that it was time to head home. We had a wonderful time, as I think did everyone else.

Calvin was very happy to see us and I think will soon be taking up his usual place on the couch, snuggling between his two people:

IMAG0596

P.S. A note to those who may be curious - there are absolutely no Cheetos available on Thanksgiving, even if it seems like there might be. No Cheetos!

Comments

Half a pie per person sounds like the right ratio. Pumpkin cheesecake? Even in my current over stuffed state, that sounds good.

Lovely photos.
Mom said…
Excellent progression of photos showing all things not human which made Thanksgiving delicious and fun. The humans made it extra special.

PS I was saving those Cheetos!
Gino said…
At this moment she is foregoing leftovers and is having some Cheetos.
Jimi said…
Nice job on the cranberry bread. And nice win in the Boggle game. You "smashed" us all.