Timberwolves vs. Nets

As I mentioned yesterday, Andy and I went to see our beloved Timberwolves play the Nets of Brooklyn last night. We had excellent seats:

Timberwolves vs. Nets 11.21.13

It was my first Timberwolves game this year and I have to say, I really, really enjoy the new version of the intros. First, there is new music - watch/listen to it here on YouTube. We will be victorious, indeed. For a team that hasn't been lately, it certainly is an effective way to motivate the crowd. Plus - LOUD. There is also now a drum corps to complement the (silly) Timberwolves Dancers. The drum guys are great. Finally, it was great to see Kevin Garnett playing at Target Center again. This is the 25th season for the Timberwolves and during one of the time outs, they did a nice tribute to KG - a montage showing how important he was to the team over the years. He was very gracious about it (from the bench) and stood up and waved at/thanked the crowd. It was very classy. Having said that, KG is starting to look his age - he's definitely lost a step and it's a little disappointing. 

On a silly note, I was particularly amused when the announcer said at one point "Time out, New Jersey!... um, Brooklyn. Time out Brooklyn!" Well done, sir. Maybe if Jay-Z and Beyonce had been there, he wouldn't have made that mistake? 

My uncle Jim and my aunt Kim were both talking yesterday about their experience 50 years ago on the day that JFK was shot. Excellent stories, both. My dad shared his with me when I was over there for pot roast. It's amazing the clarity of those memories. For me, and others of my generation (and I suppose my dad's as well), I will never forget what I was doing on September 11, 2001. But that is probably a story for another day. I just thought it was interesting to see all the specials about JFK and the personal stories. The power of history is remarkable.

Today was lazy most of the day until dinner time. I spent a lot of time reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series, again. And relaxing on the bed with Calvin napping by my side:

Calvin leg nap

It's a good place to be on a cold day in November.

Comments