NaBloPoMo Prompts

At some point in the distant past, I must have signed up to be on some sort of NaBloPoMo mailing list. As a result, during our blogging marathon, I get an email every day with a daily prompt. Normally, I ignore them in favor of choosing my own subject. But given the ongoing Januvember situation we've got going on here, I'm having difficulty finding any blog worthy subjects. So, to the prompts!

From today's email: What is the one appliance you can't live without?

I don't think this would make a complete blog post, as really, who can wax poetic about an appliance for more than a sentence or two? In any case, from a practical perspective, I'd have to go with the refrigerator. But there is also much to be said for a really good toaster, as Gzmoohoo can attest.

Other good/intriguing questions...

What is your favorite holiday memory? (And yes, you can pick any holiday, including your birthday.)

This one is too hard for an on-the-fly blog post, but I am going to give it some thought and perhaps revisit it before the month is done. I've had many, many good holiday experiences throughout the years.

Where is the one place you would never want to go on vacation that other people seem to love?

That's a fairly easy question, although it's not a specific place so much as a vacation concept. And that concept? A cruise. I have quite a few friends who enjoy going on cruises on a somewhat regular basis but me? NO THANK YOU. Between the lack of anything interesting to see while on the boat, the constant motion sickness, and the close quarters, a cruise is just never going to appeal to me.

For more prompts, go here: http://www.blogher.com/nablopomo-november-2014-prompts

This was fun. Anyone else want to answer these questions?

Now, today's designated cat photo:

Calvin on his second favorite piece of Purrniture.

Comments

Mom said…
Ooh, I like those prompts. I am hoping other family bloggers respond but I am going to think about those questions and comment here for sure.
Oh, Calvin.cheer up. You never look really happy. Do cats every look happy? I know they sound happy (purrrrrr).
Santini said…
Appliances? I'm going to go with my Keurig coffee maker. Unless my phone can be considered an appliance, in which case I have to think about it. The coffee pot might still come in first, at least this early in the morning.

I'm with you on the cruise ship deal -- it sounds awful to me.

My favorite holiday? I don't have an answer for that.