The Hills are Alive

... with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears

So in case you can't tell, mom and I continued our theater going outings today, with a trip to St. Paul to see The Sound of Music at the Ordway. It's one of those movies that I have seen probably a million times - it never got old as a kid, and it's still good today. How much of that is due to nostalgia is up for debate, but I am not the only who likes it, so... Anyway, we started out with brunch at the fabulous Meritage and then walked across Rice Park to see the show.

The quasi required photo of F. Scott. I wonder who gave him his scarves?

Mother and daughter at intermission.

The Grand Staircase

Rice Park after the show, all lit-up. It would be prettier with some snow.

We had a wonderful time, and I was able to resist the urge to sing along. It was interesting to see the changes made from the stage production to the movie - some of the songs are in different places, and a few were left out of the movie entirely.

Andy got to spend the day at home with the cats. I am sure they were on their best behavior.


Comments

Santini said…
JB and I saw Sound of Music at a theater in Erie, PA while on an interview trip during his last term in college. It's a nostalgic sound track for me, too. It looks like you and your Mom had a good time.
Mom said…
We had a wonderful time, Santini. I feel so blessed to have such a great daughter (who is about to have a daughter of her own!). Sound familiar?

I love the photos, the captions and the whole post. I'm glad you put this adventure into the archives.
XOXOXOX
Gino said…
Was there any Elvecrog speed?