Baby Bump Wednesday - Week 34

34 weeks! It's crazy to think that there are just 6 short weeks to go until we get to meet our little girl. It seems like we still have so much to do! Fortunately, in aid of that, I have my baby shower coming up this weekend. I am really looking forward to celebrating with my family and friends, plus it should provide some of the essentials we are still missing.

I had my regularly scheduled check-up today (every two weeks, remember?) and everything checks out A-OK and as expected. I am measuring right where I should be, my blood pressure is good, and Baby Girl Rinderknecht's heartbeat was strong and clear. Yay!

Now, for today's photos:



Another loaner shirt, this time from my friend Maren who had her own baby girl, Maja, in July. I am so looking forward to all of our daughters growing up together. Jill has two now, plus Maja, and Adam and Ying's Sabinna and... I am sure I'm forgetting someone.

In other baby news, we received one of our shower gifts early and went ahead and opened it. BGR's crib now has a mattress. That's a key component, I'm betting:

Now we just need some bedding...
The cats are still mostly oblivious to the upcoming world changing event, which is good. We have even managed to keep them from jumping in the crib. Those empty cans are seriously effective.

Finally, the most exciting part of the last week - Mom and I attended the 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, held at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. It was a long weekend (we were at skating from 9am to 10pm on Saturday, for example) but we had SO MUCH FUN. Now, a few photo highlights.


The top 5 women warming up before their long programs. Go Gracie! She was phenomenal. 
The top 5 men warming up on Sunday. Nathan Chen is the future and he was robbed. 3rd place for 4 quads? I don't think so.
Another personal highlight was when one of the pairs teams skated to a medley of Journey songs. I had to take a video:


Not the best quality, perhaps, but it was GREAT!

The cats spent most of the weekend missing me, possibly leading to this very unusual turn of events:
I'm pretty sure that's Calvin's spot. 

Comments

Mom said…
Wonderful post. I am looking forward to seeing BRG in that crib.
The ice skating was really fun. I loved the skating (and enjoyed the video) but I also loved talking about a time when she will want to join us!
Santini said…

Your baby bump is looking quite charming at this point. You're also beginning to look like you might be entering that uncomfortable stage.

You and your Mom must be pretty serious fans -- that's a long day. I watched some of it on TV last Saturday -- it was pretty cool.
Mom said…
I just noticed that I messed up on the acronym. I meant BGR, of course.

I loved the shower your work team had for you. Crib sheets (!) and lots of good food, conversation and laughter.
Emily M said…
Santini - I am not yet super uncomfortable, just slightly. And yes, we're pretty serious fans.
OSLO said…
Glad to hear you are not too uncomfortable yet. You look like the only thing gained is the baby. That will be nice after baby has come. Hope you enjoy the baby shower. Sorry we can not be there, but we are all there in spirit. Of course looking forward to many baby pictures of our new cousin. You and baby stay healthy. Glad everything is going as it should.


OSLO