New Bike Log

I took the new bike out for a spin over the weekend. Nothing too long, but far enough to get to here:


It is a joy to ride, a joy I had mostly been missing out on since Norah was born. Lots of other people were out biking on the trails along the creek, so I stayed on the road mostly - trails were full of families and the like and it was much easier for me to avoid them than it would have been for them to avoid me.

Rode back home and returned the bike to a very well secured storage spot in our garage. Bicycle theft is a crime of opportunity, and we're making it way too hard. Plus our garage doesn't have an access door - you need to first open the actual garage door to get anywhere at all.

Next up: a family ride. The new bikes have through axles so we had to order a special adapter for our Burley trailer. It arrived today - Norah is very excited to go for a ride as a family. She is not good enough on her bike yet, since she can't stop or turn sharply without falling over. But the trailer will work perfectly.

Comments

Grandma Barbara said…
Yay, I was hoping that trailer was still big enough for Norah! So glad you can have family bike rides. Your new bike is very lovely.
Really nice bike, I am glad you are having fun with it. Riding to water is always a good choice for me too. Hope you get in some family rides with the Burly.