Happy Father's Day!
I'm blogging from my mom and dad's and we're about to enjoy the requested pizza dinner. Yum, Davanni's. Too bad there isn't one near me in Minneapolis.
Other items of note in June:
- I had a birthday. There are lots of photos on Flickr, but I think this is my favorite:
- One of my good friends is getting married this Friday (...wow). Last weekend was her bachelorette party. At the party we were divided up into teams and each given a list of tasks. Whichever team finished the tasks first would be declared the winner. Here I am with the nice man who bought us a Finnegan's to win the contest. We had to go to a bar not on the scheduled itinerary to do this as none of the scheduled bars actually served Finnegan's. We're sneaky like that.
- My beloved father has retired from the world of work. He seems to be enjoying it so far. However, there was some question as to what would happen to the collection of dried fruit and other oddities that he had assembled on his bookcase at work. I am happy to say that they have found a new home:
None of my coworkers have noticed yet, which I find a bit strange. I have a story all ready, too.
- On a not so happy note, my company has declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy. My job seems safe so far so the current plan is to weather the storm. I'll let you know how that goes.
- I have been biking quite a lot - Andy and I took this ride last weekend and I have also been doing the 3 lake tour. It's super fun so far. I love that my apartment puts me right there in prime biking territory.